Site map 4
301. Modest physical activity among elderly old aged people may reduce risk to heart cardiovascular diseases, stroke, coronary artery disease, high blood pressure, cardiac arrest, congestive heart failure, arrhythmia and peripheral artery disease (PAD).
302. TensorTip COG non-invasive painless pain needle-free Combo Glucometer devices from Israel based Cnoga Medical to read blood glucose levels in type 2 diabetes and pre-diabetes patients. MTX devise to measure blood pressure, Hemoglobin, pH, blood cell count, blood gases, cardiac output costing $1000.
303. This injectable gel invented by Edward E. Morrisey, Morrisey Lab can repair broken heart or regenerate heart muscle after myocardial infarction or heart attack. Experiments show improved heart recovery, more blood being pumped out of the heart and the small increase in the size of the heart.
304. Type 2 diabetes severity may not increase the number of health complications such as high blood pressure, kidney renal diseases (CKD), diabetic retinopathy, periodontal (gum teeth) health, depression and foot complications.
306. Sudden death is common in patients with both type 2 diabetes and atherosclerotic cardiovascular diseases (ASCVD). The study found a reduction in cardiovascular death mortality with heart failure prevention and lower blood sugar glucose levels.
307. High added sugar diet causes enhanced risk of heart attack (myocardial infarction MI) and coronary heart disease (CHD) even to a non-diabetic person. Metabolic functions and cardiovascular risks can be reduced with less added sugar diet even in a cardiovascular patient.
308. Abnormal electrocardiogram ECG common in NBA players. The study shows heart disease problem is a race issue. Physically large or big African American or black NBA athletes are at higher risk of heart cardiac attack, diseases, mortality or death.
309. Fast-food takeaway meal consumption by kids (children) increases the risk of type 2 diabetes, obesity and coronary heart diseases. Boys consume more fast-food takeaway meals compared to girls. Fast-food takeaway meals increase body fats, total cholesterol and LDL or "BAD" cholesterol.
310. Muscle cramp events and its frequency and its severity were linked to nerve function in type 1 diabetes, but not type 2 diabetes. Muscle cramp complications are independent of age, gender and HbA1c or blood sugar glucose levels.
311. Protection to heart muscle tissue from cardiovascular diseases ischemia events with a single acute bout of workout exercise. Researchers say mortality death can be reduced in percutaneous coronary intervention treatment (PCI angioplasty) patients with ischemic or cardiovascular preconditioning.
312. The study shows diabetes and high body mass index (BMI) causes a higher risk of cancers. Liver cancer cases constitute a major part of new cancer cases followed by colorectal cancer in men and breast cancer constitutes a major part of new cancer cases followed by endometrial cancer in women.
313. The study shows 43 percent higher death or mortality risk, especially among women due to cardiovascular diseases with restless leg syndrome (RLS). The study also found a quantum of death or mortality risk increases with the duration of restless leg syndrome (RLS).
314. Biological factors such as glucose sugar levels, obesity overweight body mass index BMI are the factors for the higher type 2 diabetes risk for American Blacks. Risks can be reduced by controlling blood sugar levels, avoiding smoking, exercise workout, healthy diet and taking medication regularly.
315. Usage of Varenicline (Chantix), a common anti-smoking drug increases emergency room (ER) visit or hospitalization event due to cardiovascular diseases such as heart attack, stroke, peripheral vascular disease, irregular heartbeats (arrhythmias) and angina.
316. Sanuwave has developed a dermaPACE device for the treatment of ulcers such as venous, arterial, ischemic, diabetic foot, decubitus and pressure or bed sores. The device stimulates the wound and to restore normal healing process of the body such as tissue repair regeneration and growth of blood vessels.
317. Cardiovascular diseases risk (such as arrhythmia, heart failure, coronary artery disease or ischemic stroke) among chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) patients with the first-time usage of long-acting inhaled bronchodilators, either beta-agonists (LABAs) or antimuscarinic antagonists (LAMAs) family.
318. TRAFFIC device for transplanting insulin-producing islet cells for the treatment of type 1 diabetes T1D to control blood sugar glucose levels. This minimally reactive device offers easy removal of failed or dead implanted islet cells from the human organ and replaces with new insulin-producing islet cells.
319. Aerobic intensity exercise such as aerobic interval training reduces heart failure risks and restores heart’s elasticity elastic nature among middle-aged people with a sedentary lifestyle. The study found an improved cardiorespiratory fitness, VO2 max and elastic nature of left ventricular muscles.
320. High blood urea nitrogen BUN levels can increase the risk of type 2 diabetes (T2D) or high blood sugar glucose levels. The BUN is an independent risk factor for the development of T2D. There is a two-way link between type II diabetes and kidney diseases. Increase in the BUN value indicates reduced kidney functionality.
321. The study shows 6 times increased risk of heart attack (myocardial infarction) during the first 7 days of flu influenza infection. Influenza B strain causes more events compared with A strain. Lower risks with respiratory syncytial virus (RSV HRSV), parainfluenza viruses (HPIVs) respiratory adenoviruses.
322. The study shows breastfeeding reduces type 2 diabetes risk even in those women who developed pregnancy gestational diabetes. Researchers say the association is independent of other risk factors to type 2 diabetes such as overweight obesity or body mass index (BMI), diet, black or white race, lifestyle, etc.
323. Risks such as plaque, atherosclerosis, coronary heart disease, cardiovascular disease, heart attack and stroke with Clonal Haematopoiesis of Indeterminate Potential (CHIP) in the bone marrow. CHIP may cause other inflammatory diseases such as arthritis, asthma, tuberculosis, periodontitis or sinusitis.
324. A migraine is a risk factor for heart attack, ischemic stroke, atrial fibrillation AFib or irregular heartbeat arrhythmia and cardiovascular diseases. Heart disease risks even after factoring other factors such as diabetes, high blood pressure or hypertension, smoking, obesity or body mass index (BMI).
325. Researchers recategorized diabetes into five clusters for precise diagnosis and early individualized treatment. They are severe autoimmune diabetes SAID severe insulin-deficient diabetes SIDD severe-insulin resistant diabetes SIRD mild obesity-related diabetes MOD and mild age-related diabetes MARD.
326. Yogurt consumption reduces cardiovascular risks such as myocardial infarction MI or heart attack, revascularization (vascular bypass and angioplasty), coronary heart disease and stroke in both men and women apart from improvement in digestion and cognitive functioning in Alzheimer’s patients.
327. Type 2 diabetes patients are at risk of hypoglycemia unawareness. Unawareness of hypoglycemia events is too often in people with type 2 diabetes. Researchers have suggested using Hypoglycemia Risk Stratification Tool (Kaiser Permanente) in identifying hypoglycemia events and its signs and symptoms.
328. Higher risk of heart attack with a higher waist circumference and waist-to-hip ratio (WHR). Abdomen fat (apple shape) causes more risk of heart attack when compared to hip fat (pear shape) in men and women. Risk of heart attack increases by 50% in women and by 36% in men with 0.09 increase in WHR.
329. Eating more dietary fiber (such as whole grains, avocados, beans, blackberries, broccoli, chia seeds, lentils, barley) could re-balance gut bacteria, increases insulin production, improve food digestion, reduce blood glucose sugar levels and body weight (weight loss) and prevent type 2 diabetes (T2D).
330. The study shows a reduction in mortality or risk of death with aspirin drug pill and no extra heart health benefits with more than 75mg aspirin dose in patients with both type 2 diabetes and heart failure (HF) conditions. But there are increased risks to non-fatal heart attack or stroke in those patients.
331. The SLIMM-T2D study has found the gastric bypass surgery RYGB can give a better control of type 2 diabetes and obesity than intensive lifestyle modification such as regular exercise, eating healthy/low glycemic index foods, reducing daily calorie intake, avoiding alcohol/smoking and by reducing stress.
332. A study found heart disease and stroke risks and negative health benefits such as blood pressure with an increase in the body weight. An enhanced risk to the development of cardiovascular disease with the increase in body waist-to-hip ratio, fat percentage, and waist circumference.
333. The study shows a higher risk of type 2 diabetes among patients suffering from the acute pancreatitis disease. Older age and alcohol consumption lowers the risk and blood pressure or hypertension, obesity, and the abnormal amount of lipids in the blood (dyslipidemia) increases the risk.
334. Cruciferous vegetables (cabbage, Brussels sprouts, and broccoli causes) consumption lowers heart attack, stroke and cardiovascular diseases among elderly women. The study shows optimum vascular health benefits and lower artery wall thickness with the higher consumption of cruciferous vegetables.
335. A relationship between the risk of gestational diabetes and fT3/fT4 thyroid hormone levels and fT3:fT4 ratio in the first and second trimester. Dysfunction of the thyroid gland causes labor or delivery complications such as preterm premature birth, miscarriage and hypoglycemia in newborn child and mother.
336. A study shows grip strength, total physical activity, and cardiorespiratory fitness reduces heart disease risks such as heart attack, stroke, cardiovascular diseases, coronary heart disease and atrial fibrillation even in people with a family history or genetic risk of heart and cardiovascular diseases.
337. Luminal Coating of the Intestine (LuCI) pill can mimic the effects of gastric bypass surgery. The pill reduces blood sugar glucose levels by 47 percent after a meal and reverse type 2 diabetes. The benefits are independent of weight loss. The pill is safe to use with fewer health complications.
338. Preterm birth (PTB) or preemies increases the risk of high blood pressure hypertension and coronary artery calcification (CAC) in the mother. Coronary artery calcification (CAC) is a risk factor for heart attack, stroke and cardiovascular diseases during their childbearing years in the women.
339. The study shows the development of type 2 diabetes or high blood sugar or glucose levels after the age of 60 years indicates an early sign of the development of pancreatic cancer, especially among African-Americans, Blacks, Latinos. But no risks to prostate, breast or colorectal cancers.
340. Alcohol worsens alcoholic (ACM) and dilated cardiomyopathy (DCM) in people carrying a higher percentage of mutated faulty titin gene. Heart failure is due to the elongated and reduced thickness of heart muscles, failure of blood pumping action and an increase in the volume of the left ventricle.
341. Trials with the BCG vaccine show cure and reversal of type 1 diabetes and reduction in HbA1c or blood sugar glucose levels. BCG vaccine regenerates or restores insulin-producing beta cells (destroyed by the immunity) in the pancreas. Trials show a reduced need for insulin with no hypoglycemia events.
342. Daily high-protein diet can help heart failure patients live longer, prevents heart diseases such as stroke, heart failure as muscle mass increases with the protein diet. Lower death rate or mortality among elder, older or elderly heart failure patients who consume a higher quantity of protein daily.
343. A study found an increased risk of fatal heart failure and reduced life expectancy with a high protein diet such as keto or Atkin’s diet. High consumption of dairy and animal protein causes maximum heart failure risks. High consumption of fish and egg protein may not cause any heart failure risks.
The Diabetes News Chronicle does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Information in Diabetes News Chronicle is to support and not to replace medical advice given by the surgeon or physician or doctor. Published article is not a medical advice by the OWNER of "Diabetes News Chronicle" website or by the AUTHOR of the article.
Published by Jammi Vasista, Chennai, India.