Last Update on Mar 14, 2019
Read Articles On Diabetes, Fitness, And Heart Diseases
Latest Articles On Diabetes, Health & Fitness
343. A study found an increased risk of fatal heart failure and reduced life expectancy with a high protein diet such as keto or Atkin's diet. The high consumption of dairy and animal protein causes a maximum risk of heart failure. The high consumption of protein from the fish and egg may not cause any risk of heart failure.
342. The Daily high protein diet can help the heart failure patient to live longer and prevents heart diseases such as stroke and heart failure as the muscle mass increases with the protein diet. A lower death rate or mortality among elderly (older, old aged) heart failure patients who daily consume a higher quantity of protein.
341. A trial of the BCG vaccine shows a cure and reversal of type 1 diabetes and reduction in blood sugar (glucose) levels (HbA1c or A1C). The BCG vaccine can regenerate and restore the insulin-secreting beta cells (destroyed by the immunity) in the pancreas. The trial shows a lower daily insulin dose and no hypoglycemia.
340. Alcohol consumption may worsen the alcoholic cardiomyopathy (ACM) and dilated cardiomyopathy (DCM) in the people carrying a faulty titin gene mutations. The faulty titin gene mutations may cause heart failure due to the elongation of heart muscles and an increase in the volume of the left ventricle.
339. The study shows that the diagnosis of type 2 diabetes (high blood sugar levels) after the age of 60 years may indicate an early sign of pancreatic cancer, especially among the African-Americans, Blacks and Latinos. But there is no risk of prostate, breast or colorectal cancer.
338. The preterm birth (preemies. PTB) may increase the risk of high blood pressure (hypertension) and coronary artery calcification (CAC) in the mother. The coronary artery calcification (CAC) is a risk factor for heart attack, stroke and cardiovascular diseases during the childbearing years of the women.
337. The Luminal Coating of the Intestine (LuCI) pill can mimic the effects of the gastric bypass surgery. The pill can lower the blood sugar (glucose) levels by 47 percent after a meal and can reverse type 2 diabetes. The health benefits are independent of weight loss. The pill is safe to use with fewer health complications.
336. A study shows that the grip strength, total physical activity, and cardiorespiratory fitness can reduce the risk of heart diseases such as heart attack, stroke, cardiovascular diseases, coronary heart disease and atrial fibrillation in people even with a family history or genetic risk of heart and cardiovascular diseases.
335. A relationship between the risk of gestational diabetes and fT3/fT4 thyroid hormone levels and fT3:fT4 ratio in the first and second trimester. Dysfunction of the thyroid gland causes labor or delivery complications such as preterm premature birth, miscarriage and hypoglycemia in newborn child and mother.
334. The consumption of cruciferous vegetables (cabbage, Brussels sprouts, and broccoli) can lower the risk of heart attack, stroke and cardiovascular diseases in elderly women. The study shows optimum vascular health benefits and a lower artery wall thickness with the higher consumption of cruciferous vegetables.
Most visited pages
Follow us on social media
The Diabetes News Chronicle does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Information in Diabetes News Chronicle is to support and not to replace medical advice given by the surgeon or physician or doctor. The published article is not medical advice by the OWNER of the "Diabetes News Chronicle" website or by the AUTHOR of the article.
Published by Jammi Vasista, Chennai, India.