Last Update on Jul 16, 2018
Read Articles On Diabetes, Fitness And Heart Diseases
Latest Articles On Diabetes, Health & Fitness
337. Luminal Coating of the Intestine (LuCI) pill can mimic the effects of gastric bypass surgery. The pill reduces blood sugar glucose levels by 47 percent after a meal and reverse type 2 diabetes. The benefits are independent of weight loss. The pill is safe to use with fewer health complications.
336. A study shows grip strength, total physical activity, and cardiorespiratory fitness reduces heart disease risks such as heart attack, stroke, cardiovascular diseases, coronary heart disease and atrial fibrillation even in people with a family history or genetic risk of heart and cardiovascular diseases.
335. A relationship between the risk of gestational diabetes and fT3/fT4 thyroid hormone levels and fT3:fT4 ratio in the first and second trimester. Dysfunction of the thyroid gland causes labor or delivery complications such as preterm premature birth, miscarriage and hypoglycemia in newborn child and mother.
334. Cruciferous vegetables (cabbage, Brussels sprouts, and broccoli causes) consumption lowers heart attack, stroke and cardiovascular diseases among elderly women. The study shows optimum vascular health benefits and lower artery wall thickness with the higher consumption of cruciferous vegetables.
333. The study shows a higher risk of type 2 diabetes among patients suffering from the acute pancreatitis disease. Older age and alcohol consumption lowers the risk and blood pressure or hypertension, obesity, and the abnormal amount of lipids in the blood (dyslipidemia) increases the risk.
332. A study found heart disease and stroke risks and negative health benefits such as blood pressure with an increase in the body weight. An enhanced risk to the development of cardiovascular disease with the increase in body waist-to-hip ratio, fat percentage, and waist circumference.
331. The SLIMM-T2D study has found the gastric bypass surgery RYGB can give a better control of type 2 diabetes and obesity than intensive lifestyle modification such as regular exercise, eating healthy/low glycemic index foods, reducing daily calorie intake, avoiding alcohol/smoking and by reducing stress.
330. The study shows a reduction in mortality or risk of death with aspirin drug pill and no extra heart health benefits with more than 75mg aspirin dose in patients with both type 2 diabetes and heart failure (HF) conditions. But there are increased risks to non-fatal heart attack or stroke in those patients.
329. Eating more dietary fiber (such as whole grains, avocados, beans, blackberries, broccoli, chia seeds, lentils, barley) could re-balance gut bacteria, increases insulin production, improve food digestion, reduce blood glucose sugar levels and body weight (weight loss) and prevent type 2 diabetes (T2D).
328. Higher risk of heart attack with a higher waist circumference and waist-to-hip ratio (WHR). Abdomen fat (apple shape) causes more risk of heart attack when compared to hip fat (pear shape) in men and women. Risk of heart attack increases by 50% in women and by 36% in men with 0.09 increase in WHR.
Most visited pages
Follow us on social media
The Diabetes News Chronicle does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Information in Diabetes News Chronicle is to support and not to replace medical advice given by the surgeon or physician or doctor. Published article is not a medical advice by the OWNER of "Diabetes News Chronicle" website or by the AUTHOR of the article.
Published by Jammi Vasista, Chennai, India.