Last Update on Jun 12, 2018
Diabetes, Health & Fitness Articles
330. The study shows a reduction in mortality or risk of death with aspirin drug pill and no extra heart health benefits with more than 75mg aspirin dose in patients with both type 2 diabetes and heart failure (HF) conditions. But there are increased risks to non-fatal heart attack or stroke in those patients.
329. Eating more dietary fiber (such as whole grains, avocados, beans, blackberries, broccoli, chia seeds, lentils, barley) could re-balance gut bacteria, increases insulin production, improve food digestion, reduce blood glucose sugar levels and body weight (weight loss) and prevent type 2 diabetes (T2D).
328. Higher risk of heart attack with a higher waist circumference and waist-to-hip ratio (WHR). Abdomen fat (apple shape) causes more risk of heart attack when compared to hip fat (pear shape) in men and women. Risk of heart attack increases by 50% in women and by 36% in men with 0.09 increase in WHR.
327. Type 2 diabetes patients are at risk of hypoglycemia unawareness. Unawareness of hypoglycemia events is too often in people with type 2 diabetes. Researchers have suggested using Hypoglycemia Risk Stratification Tool (Kaiser Permanente) in identifying hypoglycemia events and its signs and symptoms.
326. Yogurt consumption reduces cardiovascular risks such as myocardial infarction MI or heart attack, revascularization (vascular bypass and angioplasty), coronary heart disease and stroke in both men and women apart from improvement in digestion and cognitive functioning in Alzheimer’s patients.
325. Researchers recategorized diabetes into five clusters for precise diagnosis and early individualized treatment. They are severe autoimmune diabetes SAID severe insulin-deficient diabetes SIDD severe-insulin resistant diabetes SIRD mild obesity-related diabetes MOD and mild age-related diabetes MARD.
324. A migraine is a risk factor for heart attack, ischemic stroke, atrial fibrillation AFib or irregular heartbeat arrhythmia and cardiovascular diseases. Heart disease risks even after factoring other factors such as diabetes, high blood pressure or hypertension, smoking, obesity or body mass index (BMI).
323. Risks such as plaque, atherosclerosis, coronary heart disease, cardiovascular disease, heart attack and stroke with Clonal Haematopoiesis of Indeterminate Potential (CHIP) in the bone marrow. CHIP may cause other inflammatory diseases such as arthritis, asthma, tuberculosis, periodontitis or sinusitis.
322. The study shows breastfeeding reduces type 2 diabetes risk even in those women who developed pregnancy gestational diabetes. Researchers say the association is independent of other risk factors to type 2 diabetes such as overweight obesity or body mass index (BMI), diet, black or white race, lifestyle, etc.
321. The study shows 6 times increased risk of heart attack (myocardial infarction) during the first 7 days of flu influenza infection. Influenza B strain causes more events compared with A strain. Lower risks with respiratory syncytial virus (RSV HRSV), parainfluenza viruses (HPIVs) respiratory adenoviruses.
320. High blood urea nitrogen BUN levels can increase the risk of type 2 diabetes (T2D) or high blood sugar glucose levels. The BUN is an independent risk factor for the development of T2D. There is a two-way link between type II diabetes and kidney diseases. Increase in the BUN value indicates reduced kidney functionality.
319. Aerobic intensity exercise such as aerobic interval training reduces heart failure risks and restores heart’s elasticity elastic nature among middle-aged people with a sedentary lifestyle. The study found an improved cardiorespiratory fitness, VO2 max and elastic nature of left ventricular muscles.
318. TRAFFIC device for transplanting insulin-producing islet cells for the treatment of type 1 diabetes T1D to control blood sugar glucose levels. This minimally reactive device offers easy removal of failed or dead implanted islet cells from the human organ and replaces with new insulin-producing islet cells.
317. Cardiovascular diseases risk (such as arrhythmia, heart failure, coronary artery disease or ischemic stroke) among chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) patients with the first-time usage of long-acting inhaled bronchodilators, either beta-agonists (LABAs) or antimuscarinic antagonists (LAMAs) family.
316. Sanuwave has developed a dermaPACE device for the treatment of ulcers such as venous, arterial, ischemic, diabetic foot, decubitus and pressure or bed sores. The device stimulates the wound and to restore normal healing process of the body such as tissue repair regeneration and growth of blood vessels.
315. Usage of Varenicline (Chantix), a common anti-smoking drug increases emergency room (ER) visit or hospitalization event due to cardiovascular diseases such as heart attack, stroke, peripheral vascular disease, irregular heartbeats (arrhythmias) and angina.
314. Biological factors such as glucose sugar levels, obesity overweight body mass index BMI are the factors for the higher type 2 diabetes risk for American Blacks. Risks can be reduced by controlling blood sugar levels, avoiding smoking, exercise workout, healthy diet and taking medication regularly.
313. The study shows 43 percent higher death or mortality risk, especially among women due to cardiovascular diseases with restless leg syndrome (RLS). The study also found a quantum of death or mortality risk increases with the duration of restless leg syndrome (RLS).
312. The study shows diabetes and high body mass index (BMI) causes a higher risk of cancers. Liver cancer cases constitute a major part of new cancer cases followed by colorectal cancer in men and breast cancer constitutes a major part of new cancer cases followed by endometrial cancer in women.
311. Protection to heart muscle tissue from cardiovascular diseases ischemia events with a single acute bout of workout exercise. Researchers say mortality death can be reduced in percutaneous coronary intervention treatment (PCI angioplasty) patients with ischemic or cardiovascular preconditioning.
310. Muscle cramp events and its frequency and its severity were linked to nerve function in type 1 diabetes, but not type 2 diabetes. Muscle cramp complications are independent of age, gender and HbA1c or blood sugar glucose levels.
309. Fast-food takeaway meal consumption by kids (children) increases the risk of type 2 diabetes, obesity and coronary heart diseases. Boys consume more fast-food takeaway meals compared to girls. Fast-food takeaway meals increase body fats, total cholesterol and LDL or "BAD" cholesterol.
308. Abnormal electrocardiogram ECG common in NBA players. The study shows heart disease problem is a race issue. Physically large or big African American or black NBA athletes are at higher risk of heart cardiac attack, diseases, mortality or death.
307. High added sugar diet causes enhanced risk of heart attack (myocardial infarction MI) and coronary heart disease (CHD) even to a non-diabetic person. Metabolic functions and cardiovascular risks can be reduced with less added sugar diet even in a cardiovascular patient.
306. Sudden death is common in patients with both type 2 diabetes and atherosclerotic cardiovascular diseases (ASCVD). The study found a reduction in cardiovascular death mortality with heart failure prevention and lower blood sugar glucose levels.
More Diabetes, Health & Fitness Articles
Most visited pages
Follow us on social media
|<< Newest < Newer | Older > Oldest >>|
Sitemap 1 Sitemap 2 Sitemap 3 Sitemap 4
The Diabetes News Chronicle does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Information in Diabetes News Chronicle is to support and not to replace medical advice given by the surgeon or physician or doctor. Published article is not a medical advice by the OWNER of "Diabetes News Chronicle" website or by the AUTHOR of the article.
Published by Jammi Vasista, Chennai, India.
Address Diabetes News Chronicle, No 40, Kaveri Street, Rajaji Nagar, Villivakkam, Chennai, India. Pin : 600049.